Community and Family Resources (CFR), serving 8 counties in North Central Iowa, providing substance abuse and gambling prevention and treatment services, has an opening for a Substance Abuse Counselor in Fort Dodge, IA. The Substance Abuse Counselor provides chemical dependency rehabilitation services to substance abusers and their families including assessment, individual/family treatment, group treatment, education/prevention services and support services. This position will conduct individual assessments, develop recommendations for clients, and assist clients in completing necessary assessment forms and documents. This position requires the ability to create and maintain reports in a timely fashion, be detail oriented, and have excellent written and verbal skills. The Substance Abuse Counselor position requires the ability to work in a fast paced, high stress environment. Hours may vary, some evenings and travel required.
Qualified candidates will have:
· Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in the social or behavioral sciences or related field
· MUST HAVE tCADC, CADC OR IADC
· Knowledge of theories, principles, and techniques of substance abuse treatment
· Knowledge of the psychosocial aspects of substance abuse
· Knowledge of the principles of recording and report writing
· Team building and excellent interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to prepare clear and concise case records, meet the demands of an intense level of documentation, and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
· Satisfactory background check and pre-employment drug screen required.
Community and Family Resources offers a comprehensive benefit package, including IPERS, medical, dental and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), paid training, holidays, tuition assistance, and generous paid time off. Qualified candidates should send a resume with cover letter to: ColleenM@cfrhelps.org, or you can apply online at cfrhelps.org