Job summary: The basic tasks are to provide substance use and gambling treatment services to individuals with substance use and/or gambling disorders and their families including assessment, individual/family treatment, group treatment, education/prevention services and support services. Other duties may be assigned, and the employer reserves the right to change or reassign job duties or combine positions at any time. These tasks will be carried out under the supervision of the Adult or Adolescent Residential Program Supervisor. Ongoing and regular clinical supervision will be provided by the supervisor or assigned by the supervisor. The employee in this position will be a detail-oriented team contributor with strong enthusiasm and a passion for learning who is able to excel with minimal supervision. In addition to possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills, the employee should have excellent listening comprehension, including the ability to understand complex written and verbal instruction. Because of the nature of the information with which the employee will be working, this position does require a high degree of confidentiality. This employee will work directly under the Adult or Adolescent Residential Program Supervisor. Clearly understanding the agency mission, goals, and direction as set by the Board of Directors is essential. Developing a clear understanding of the agency philosophy and the directions of the Residential Program Supervisor and supporting his/her direction is required. The employee must function well in a political environment where critical management decisions are made on an ongoing basis and be able to interact in this intense environment in a courteous and professional manner with tact and poise. The employee will need to perform a variety of important sometimes urgent, confidential and complex tasks with constantly changing priorities.
· Assists clients in completion of necessary assessment forms/documents
· Conducts individual assessment sessions for completion of psychosocial histories of clients.
· Participates with Program Supervisor in development of recommendations for clients.
· Prepares and distributes assessment results, reports, etc. as required and requested.
· Assists in other assessment processes as required and requested.
· Assists individuals and families in the intervention process through educational and planning sessions and, when feasible, participates in the interventions.
· Maintains appropriate client and pre-client case records.
· Provides clients and families with referral resources for the services not provided by the agency or when agency services are inappropriate.
· Provides training for agency staff in areas of own expertise.
· Provides client orientation to treatment services
· Assists in the development, coordination, and evaluation of treatment program.
· Conducts individual and family sessions consistent with treatment plans.
· Develops and coordinates individual treatment plans with client, Program Director, and referral sources.
· Facilitates groups as required and provides follow-up services.